Old October 8th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default The Need for Trolls - How Nonsense Sharpens the Intellect (butnot the Troll's intellect)

Wayne wrote:
wrote in message
On Oct 7, 5:10 pm, Richard Clark wrote:
from NYT article of the same name ("How Nonsense...")
@http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/health/06mind.html?em

"...when a hiker stumbles across an easy chair
sitting deep in the woods, as if dropped from
the sky - the brain gropes for something, anything
that makes sense.

Ya know, that don't sound like a half bad idea. I might just
have to do that some day. :/ I have the usual lawn type chairs,
but a thick padded recliner sounds like the cats ass.
Vinyl of course, due to the usual fowl fallout I'd probably encounter.
:/
Of course I'd then be motivated to add an end table for my radio,
small fridge to keep adult beverages, snacks, etc. Maybe a
flat screen so I can watch Wonder Woman and Lonesome Dove.
I wonder how a lost hiker would deal with something like that?
Would they bark at the moon? Or just sit down and drink all
my adult beverages while watching reruns of Lost in Space?
Only The Shadow and young Will Robinson know for sure.
This would be a good way to avoid ever getting lost. Just sit down in the
chair, and another hiker is CERTAIN to amble along to ask you what you are
doing!

If you come across one in this part of the country, it's much more
likely to be an unpleasant guy with an A-47. You've probably stumbled
across a major marijuana growing operation, and the smart thing to do is
get the %@$! outta there before he ambles along.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL