Old October 10th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry Richard Fry is offline

Default mesh radiator

In my previous post in this thread I asked about the gain and pattern
of this mesh antenna. Hopefully the inventor will respond when he is
able.

But being curious and not wanting to wait, I went back to his previous
thread about small antennas, and modeled what he posted there -- just
to learn what NEC would show for those parameters.

The results are given in the link below.

The h-plane azimuth gain of this mesh antenna is far from uniform, and
its 0.0134 + j85.45 ohm feedpoint impedance is very unfriendly --
though the frequency is centered in Art's stated VSWR bandwidth.

Even if this feedpoint Z was perfectly matched there to a 72 ohm
balanced transmission line, this mesh antenna would still be a poor
radiator compared to a 1/2-wave dipole.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...sh_Antenna.jpg

RF