Old October 12th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank[_4_] Frank[_4_] is offline

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

On Oct 1, 8:19*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
This week end is going to be wet and cold, so I thought I would give
you a radiator to play with if you are willing to make something for
yourself.
Get yourself a piece of aluminum mesh used for window insect stopping
entering your house. Soak this piece of mesh in some watered down
muriatic acid (approx $5 a bottle at a hardware store This is to
remove the insulating coating so it becomes conductive. Now this mesh
is woven so it helps to compress the strands together by tapping with
a hammer. Connect a MFJ259B to the base corners and scan to see where
the resonant frequency is.

Who is the lunatic? Art or the one who argues with him?