Old November 13th 03, 09:56 PM
David Forsyth

Default FM from the stone age?

Would it be possible, though not necessarily practical, to make a reciever
for the modern FM broadcast band, using only pre-WWII tube technology? I
know they had FM on a lower frequency band at that time. What sorts of
tubes could one use from the 1930's to make a reciever that could tune in
the modern FM band? I'm sure I wont actually attempt such a thing,
especially any time soon, but just wondered how difficult it might be. Are
there any schematics or construction articles from the late 30's about
making FM radios that might be adapted over to the new FM band?

just curious,

Dave