Old October 14th 09, 10:41 AM
ronald ronald is offline
Junior Member

Question Lose reception on AM at same time of day

I live in Lake Geneva, WI and listen to WLS 890 radio in the afternoon. WLS 890 is a Chicago station about 80 mi southeast of Lake Geneva. About 4:00 in the afternoon I start to lose reception, at about 4:20 the reception is gone and replaced with static,regardless of what quality portable radio I have tryed, from my panasonic RF-2200 to a 10 dollar radio. I a have heard that some sations reduce their power toward evening, is this the cause or is there something else in the air?