Old October 16th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Steve Steve is offline

Default need info; linear using an 833A

So far all commercial applications I've found are as modulators,
not RF tubes. They are supposedly usable to 30 MHz but have
yet to find a real world RF application other than the amp I have.
I'll trace out the wiring and come up with a schematic. Once thats
done I'll be able to figure out how its biased.
Steve

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
A while ago I bought a homebrew amp (80-10 meters) that uses
a single 833A tube. Its beautifully built. So far I have not been
able to find any plans or schematics for an amp that uses this
tube. Has anyone seen an article in QST, Ham Radio, or other
magazine of an amp using an 833A? No luck with a web search.
TIA
Steve W6SSP
p.s.-it has a tuned grid circuit

Check RCA transmitting tube handbooks of the 1950's to see if they
have recommended operating conditions or even a sample circuit for using
an 833 as a linear.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles