Old October 16th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
HD Radio Farce HD Radio Farce is offline

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

On Oct 14, 11:12�pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
John Higdon wrote:

The public is not interested. The big push several years ago was to
"educate the public" about HD Radio. Well, the public is not only
educated now, but has post-graduate degrees. The public is willfully
ignoring HD Radio.

Maybe they're waiting for the prices to drop,
that's what got me to buy one, and now that I have it,
for the most part I like it. If HD goes away I'll still have a nice
table radio that can be controlled with a remote.
As much couldn't be said about the AM stereo RCVR
I had back in the day, and have long since gotten rid of.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

"Are you waiting in line for your HD radio?"

"If you lower the price enough, folks will buy the radio. That's the
belief about HD radio that is being stoked in our industry. And, of
course, it's wrong."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/11/are_you_waiting.html