Old October 16th 09, 05:35 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Dave Barnett Dave Barnett is offline

Default IBOC : FM HD-Radio - The Trend-to-Watch - Money Making HD-2Channels

RHF wrote:
=IF= SCA was a good idea : Then HD-2 is a Better Idea.

idtars ~ RHF
.

There's 2 completely different cost models there for the broadcaster.
An SCA generator can be had for less than $1500. That can be
recuperated in one month in a large market. But it doesn't matter.
Even then, until there's something compelling to listen to it won't
happen. I think about radioparadise and fatmusicradio on the web and
how fine their presentation and music mixes are, yet every time I try an
HD-2 channel for a while it's just boring. Maybe some broadcaster ought
to try to hook up with some of the better webcasters. The programming
is already there, and I wouldn't think they'd charge too much to put it
on the radio.

Dave B.