Old October 17th 09, 07:42 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Jo Jo Gunn[_2_] Jo Jo Gunn[_2_] is offline

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 1:00 pm, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:
"John Higdon" wrote in message

In article
,
RHF wrote:

HD-2 FM Radio Channels and a 2nd Income Stream
for FM Radio Stations.

Name a station making a dime off the HD-2 channel. Just name one.

CBS is running infomercials on some of their HD-3 streams....making not a
lot of money...but some.

There are HD-2's in NY that are leased to foreign language broadcasters.

Many small constituancy groups would lease an HD-2 channel if they could.

Most stations ahve chosen NOT to have comemrcials on their HD2 stream.

I know a local group that would raise funds to lease an HD2 channel so
they
can put EWTN on it (This I don't understand!)

But there are people a few dimes off their HD2 channels.

"REGENT COMMUNICATIONS, INC."

"We are currently broadcasting 24 FM stations and two AM stations in
digital, or high definition radio (HD Radio)... The economic benefit,
if any, to our stations that have converted to HD Radio currently
cannot be measured. Any future economic benefit to our stations as a
result of digital conversion is not known at this time."

http://tinyurl.com/nw9ts6

"Saga Communications, Inc."

"We also continue the rollout of HD Radio™... It is unclear what
impact HD Radio will have on the industry and our revenue as the
availability of HD receivers, particularly in automobiles, is not
widely available."

http://tinyurl.com/m5cs7l

"EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION"

"We currently utilize HD Radio® digital technology on most of our FM
stations. It is unclear what impact HD Radio® will have on the markets
in which we operate."

http://tinyurl.com/kkgd7j

So what? Most of these companies have decided (as a group) not to put any
commercials on their HD streams.

BTW....another great/cut/paste job.