Old October 19th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Antenna Pattern: Carolina Windom

Michael Coslo wrote:
wrote:

Thoughts?

Maybe time to download EZnec?

The OCF antenna can work very well. I put one up once because the place
where the coax dropped was really handy to my shack entrance. It worked
"well". I did some QRP into California on 80 meters during a contest,
and I worked what I heard. That doesn't specifically mean that the
antenna performed well, but it does mean that I worked QRP into
California on 80 from the middle of PA.

How will you model the radiating feedline? I suppose one could just put
a "wire" in the model to represent the coax shield (which is what
radiates) and tie it to something useful. Someone's probably figured
out what the equivalent impedances are for the "isolator" and "balun"
that form part of that antenna. Maybe googling "NEC model Carolina
Windom" might turn up something useful.