Old October 21st 09, 03:17 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

"Eric C. Weaver" wrote in message
On Oct 8, 3:36 am, "~ RHF" wrote:

D'Oh a Rabid NFL Fan {Fanatic} would say HOORAY !
while listening to the 24/7 "Team Spirit" HD-2 Radio
Station.

What's the revenue model? Is the team going to pay for it like an
SCA? Or is it supposed to self-support on sales?

What programming will be so compelling that (let's say) 10,000 Raiders
fans will get HD radios just to hear it? Will there be two such
stations in this area or just one shared between the two teams?

I have serious doubts as to the viability of such a venture. The games are
already carried on TV and radio, including pre and post game shows. I really
can't feature anyone paying a bunch of extra money for yet another radio to
hear pretty much what they already get on their $40 boom box they've had for
years.