Old October 23rd 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Ground antenna?

"Dave" wrote
On Oct 23, 8:03 am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:

The atmospheric electricity was described in XIX century. At that time

Armstrong and Kelvin build the High Voltage Generators (steam and drop).
Also the way how the spikes work.
Have you the old books?
S*

I find that the new books have the good information that has been well

proved over the last 100 years or so. There were lots of theories in
those old books that have been proved false over the years. It also
helps to work in the field, at the hv lab i work at we can run 3 phase
765kv, +/- 1Mv dc, and about 5Mv pulses. one of my personal jobs is
writing software for lightning protection design on hv power lines, so
i have been through this stuff many times.

Tell us than what do you use: Plenty of spikes or balls?
S*