Old October 25th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
PH5E PH5E is offline

Default Disconne Question

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

For a Disconne in the attic (for vhf/uhf), receiving only, do you think a
wet roof from rain would make
a "meaningful" difference in reception ?

Bob

Depends on the type of roof and frequency you're working. If the roof
absorbs (small amounts of) water, or if water can stand on the roof,
then I'd say: Yes. Wet trees can also absorb radio waves better then dry
ones. Don't see why roofs are any different.
HF will suffer most, VHF and UHF will probably not be affected as much.
But I've spoken to a local 2m amateur with indoor antenna who claimed to
notice the difference between wet and dry.

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipment
http://rigreference.com/