Old October 26th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default IBOC - FM HD-Radio Will Come-of-Age Around 2015

Bill Baka wrote:
At any rate I self educated myself and by ten years old
I was buying used console short wave sets and fixing them up and
probably could have gotten a job as a repair tech at 11 years old. That
motivated me all the way to college, at which point I found myself way
ahead of the rest of the classes. These days things are going needlessly
complex and tinkering is just about out. I can fix *ANYTHING* built
before 1980 since I can get down to the real component level, but the
new stuff is throw away.

I am 60 and I do component level repair on SMD boards. I can fix more
"anything" than you can.