Old October 27th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steve Steve is offline

Default Motorhome antenna

wrote in message

The mirrors are fibergalss too... and I don't like the idea of using my
coax
length to tune my swr.
Plus the fact the 102" will out listen and talk most any coily antenna.
(imo)

When you have a lack of or minimal ground plane you make the coax part
of the antenna! The coax length effects the SWR reading.

A ground plane decouples the antenna.

Qsk, test and tune this winter while the machine is out of service. I hope
the 102 will work but that remains to be seen. It has a big ass
steel frame under it and that's where the whip will be mounted. I'm fairly
certain it will talk and hear toward the front of the motorhome
but being that it's fiberglass I won't know until I hook it up.

ps. I run hf gear at times but not always.

Thanks again for your help, tnom.

73
Steve.