Old October 30th 09, 09:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] fleischer33@comcast.net is offline

Default LONG WAVE BROADCASTING QUESTION

On Oct 29, 11:18*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 10/29/09 22:00 , wrote:

On Oct 29, 10:52 pm, "D. Peter
wrote:
On 10/29/09 21:50 , wrote:

Hi folks,

A little while ago, I was goofing around with the Long Wave band on my
radio. I picked up Radio Havana, and some other stations that are
usually found on Short Wave.

Why? Can anybody explain this?

Thanks!!
Barry F.

* * Which radio are you using for this?

Hi,

I'm using a new Roberts Revival R250 with slide rule dial.

* *Ok, that helps. A number of possibilities, here. Cross modulation
product. And image. And overload product. Radio Habana is a strong
signal, and on receivers with less headroom and substandard image
rejection or filtration, overload is common on particularly strong
signals. This can create images up and down the dial, even on different
bands.

* *You may have signal mixing somewhere in your local environment, with
the lower product falling into the LW band.

* *If the issue exists on all your LW receivers, it's less likely to be
an issue that originates within the receiver.

Hi, this morning I tried a different radio, and picked up an AM
station on the lower end of the LW band. This time there no Short Wave
stations on either radio's LW band both picked up the same AM station.

By the way, this Roberts Revival Radio has the most sensitive AM and
FM bands, it compares to my CC Radio.