Old October 31st 09, 07:56 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

On 10/31/09 14:09 , Bill Baka wrote:
HD Radio Farce wrote:
What I fund amusing, is that everytime I post, you counter-post with
nothing but personal attacks. Your lack of understanding of technology
is readily apparent.

*Learn to snip*

It would be nice to see an HD 'build your own' from Radio Shack.
Never gonna happen.

Like DRM, HD would require a licensing fee for the decoding
algorithm. "Build Your Own" would have to come in a pre licensed kit
form. 'The Shack' is interested in serving neither the market for
kit builders, nor the HD radio market enough to take on that cost.

Like all SCA in the late 60's and early 70's, HD is a novelty to
those with the kit building mentality, and not of any real
substance. I built an SCA adaptor kit back then. It was amusing to
hook into the back of my 10 transistor FM radio and get something
other than the baseband audio, but never provided any serious
listening. Just about everyone had one of those SCA adaptor kits in
their catalogs back then. And Popular Electronics, and Popular
Science had instructions for rolling your own. Never caught on.