Old November 15th 03, 06:56 PM
Paul Burridge

Default Grid Dip Meters

Hi gang,

I've never had a lot of luck with GDMs for some reason. Even with a
decent meter, it seems such a drag tuning across such a vast range
looking for a tiny, easily-missed dip which you have to screw out of
the meter by forcing the sensing coil so far into the circuit
concerned you practically break the circuit board. Am I alone in
finding this potentially invaluable device practically useless in
practice? Is there a more viable alternative?

p.
--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill