Old November 5th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Geary Morton Geary Morton is offline

Default RARE DRAKE SW-8 FS

In article
,
AKSWL wrote:

DRAKE SW-8

VERY RARE

Drake SW-8 last production run,

9D serial number, AM-SSB SYNC, whip preamp, coverage down to 100khz,
complete with original box, paperwork and a very rare SW8 carry case,
spare copy of manual,antenna.

$590 shipped in US, radio is already packed and ready to go double
boxed,
73

Interesting! I have the very first SW-8 receiver that was sold to the
public. Its serial is 4B12950002. It's my understanding that 01 lives
at the factory. I'd take the same money for mine if there are any
collectors out there. It went back to Drake a year after it was made
for the whip preamp modification (documented), so it's plenty sensitive.
It has synchronous detection, but not sideband selective as found in
later production runs like above.

--Geary