Old November 7th 09, 02:55 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Matching impedance with coax

who where wrote:

Whatever - and whoever Art is. I wonder why people like you carry on
at a personal level towards posters whose views you don't share. And
you seem to need the limelight, posting a name and callsign.

I'm describing how the matching IS done commercially. You can crap on
forever if you wish about how you might do it. Fini.

The "ways it's done commercially" depends a lot on the desired result.

A choked line into a 50 ohm DE is an easy to do but not optimal method.

It doesn't give best gain or BW or best F/B or best noise temperature
and never ever gives the best combination of them for weak signal work.

But it IS easy.

And it's not always what the commercial antenna builders use. It's what
you have noticed that they sell. Or you might be pushing how much it's
used just a bit.

tom
K0TAR