Old November 6th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steve Steve is offline

Default Motorhome antenna

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:24:06 -0400, "Steve"
wrote in :

Hello,
I want to put an antenna on a -fiberglass- motorhome (class a) and I'm
not
sure about the no gound plane vs the regular mobile antenna choices. I
have
a ladder
rack on the back, and a luggage rack on top, but I'm not sure of how much
ground I can get from that.

I have a 102" whip laying around and I thought about mounting that to
the
back bumber with a homemade plastic 'standoff' at the top of the motorhome
to keep it from swinging.

Good idea, or no? (tree pruner is not what i want) but from the bumper I
can
use most of that 9' before it clears the roof on a fiberglass body.

Strange combo.

Try an electric fence standoff/insulator. They even come in different
lengths.

Hello Frank, yeah something like that would work or something a bit more
flexable for when it bangs off of tree branches and such.
It will be late winter/early spring before I install it so I have time to
ponder on it, I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Do you like the 102" whip, or the 'no ground' antenna mounted to the ladder
for my application?

73
Steve.