Old November 6th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives,soc.culture.thai
Brett_Delfs Brett_Delfs is offline

Default Kraven's Cook Book Info/Arrest Anniversary Bash

On Nov 6, 12:54*pm, Gregg wrote:
On Nov 5, 2:44*pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:

I'll stand by my post that "the Kraven" berated a poor woman
over her cream sauce and stuffed pork loin over at rec dot cooking

* * * * * * * ************rest snipped************

I just have to say this Fred.

This part of your post, be it intentional or not,
just makes me freeking laugh my butt off.

I know what you said was the truth but just
saying. ;-)

***I was there at rec.cooking and broke the story over at SCT. He
didn't really berate her that much but instead told her she had it all
wrong and that if she really wanted a great dish to buy his cook book
and in essence to "throw her receipes away". Apparently she was making
the sauce with a "roux" and as I recall he demanded it be "done with a
corn starch slurry" and to cook the loin to med rare, remove it from
the oven, and then let it rest as the internal temp will cook it to
the desired doneness. The post was a long time ago but if I remember
right he wanted an "apple pairing stuffing" with the pork loin and not
the traditional bread stuffing we are all use to seeing. Fancies
himself as a classicly trained chef I guess amongst other things. Well
its neither here nor there quite frankly however I would enjoy reading
his book.