Old November 8th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Multi polarization antenna

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 00:49:07 -0000, "christofire"
wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:48:55 -0000, "christofire"
wrote:

My antenna is based on using something like a ladder line only with
the wires closer together to provide a lower impedance.

Thus, if you literally make the ladder line into a true ladder by
fixing a lot of conductive cross rungs on the ladder, the applied
current will cross over at the point that the circuit is resonant.

Hi Chris,

So, you want to turn a massively shorted thin transmission line into a
radiator?

How does the current get past the first short? It cannot, so that
string of shorts up the line are redundant and you can remove them.
This leaves you with a very small loop very close to the transmitter.
Almost every ham has tried working into a short and has never found it
productive. Have you tried it?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Shouldn't you be addressing Art Unwin with that? ... it's he who's proposing
the idea, not me.

I've consigned Art's evacuations to the trashbin.

Perhaps the behaviour of Outlook Express has led to confusion (again?),
despite my leaving a double line space between the OP and my comment.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't know about a double line being a convention for that, but as
you can see above, this time quoting is proceeding as natural.

So, this shorted transmission line is Art's? Has he ever, ever
reported a QSO outside of his zip code?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC