Old November 9th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave J. Dave J. is offline

Default Anyone around from anywhere near Yorkshire?

In on 8 Nov 2009 10:25:49 -0500, in
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors, 'Scott Dorsey' wrote:

If you (or anyone else for that matter) are sufficiently curious, there
are some beautifully clear pics, from several angles, large and clear
enough to read the function of each control

at

http://digilander.libero.it/pasqua49...ic%20meter.htm

or, to avoid word-wrap hassle, at http://tinyurl.com/AvoMkIV

This looks like a conventional transconductance tester. It's what you
would expect your local TV repair shop to have for testing tubes.

Heh, I suspect there may be an inappropriate tense in there grin.

It's
not a fancy design tool like a curve tracer, and _because_ it's a fairly
common service tool, you shouldn't have any problem selling it.

Ok. From my amateurish POV it *looks* quite fancy :-)

If it measures characteristics of which I have only the faintest working
knowledge then by my standards it's complex enough.

If the 'curve tracers' you mention are the sort of tool I imagine from the
name then in those (pre d - a / computer) days they must have been
beautiful designs.

Thanks for the reply anyhow, I suppose it's ebay or nothing. I'm not aware
of any antique-radio magazines in the UK or I'd consider advertising it
there. It's worth enough to make for a fractionally improved Christmas :-)

Ask your local ham radio club. Someone there is apt to want one. Also
try guitar shops.

Hadn't thought of a guitar shop, though I'm surprised your average guitar
amp's all that fussy WRT valve specification? I'd have imagined more the
sort of pass/fail testing I'd cobble together as a psu/pot/avo birds-nest
on my workbench.

Any extra idea's worth a try though, thanks muchly.

--
Dave Johnson