Old November 23rd 03, 03:24 PM

What Ed is saying is: If you enjoy a hobby that requires an antenna or
anything outside your home forget it, buckle down to raising fish and
sell the radio hobby stuff.

That will be the day I turn my home over the HOA Cops, agreement or not.
If homeowners keep buckling down to these people next thing you will be
paying their mortgage and taxes.

Go Bless America for the freedoms our proud veterans fought for.

Ed Price wrote:

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
link.net...
"Jim Higgins" wrote:

It limits you to antennas 1 meter in diameter
or across the diagonal. No 6-ele 20M beams
here.

No, it doesn't have that limit. The first paragraph describes antennas

for
satellite services and the second paragraph describes antennas for video
programming services. The third paragraph...

(3) An antenna that is designed to receive
local television broadcast signals. Masts
higher than 12 feet above the roofline may
be subject to local permitting requirements.

...describes antennas for broadcast television and no size limit is
described (only the height limit). By the way, a large 20M beam should
receive broadcast television fairly nicely (with a little hardware to cut
out the television while transmitting).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Read the rest of the ruling. It defines that the antenna may be located only
in your private area (patio, balcony), not in the public or mutually owned
areas (roof, outside wall). This makes it none too helpful for apartment and
condo dwellers. Accept it; there are some hobbies that are incompatible with
high-density dwellings.

Ed
WB6WSN