Old November 13th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
tchrme tchrme is offline

Default Halli SX 100 Problem found, Need help with cause

Partial success on this stubborn problem and it would have to be my
favorite rcvr too. I traced the thunderstorm crashing sounds down to
the 2nd converter subchassis. After I pulled it again, I replaced all
the caps and the resistors since it is such a pain to access. I
powered it up on test leads to the main chassis and still heard the
frying thunderstorms. A 22k resistor that I replaced was starting to
overheat and turned brown. I checked the one I took out and it too was
burned looking. So.... I need help on what would cause the overheated
resistor (R24). I can email a schematic to anyone who can help me out
on this. I double checked all wiring and parts were replaced one at a
time. Help. Thanks ahead of time. 73 Mike KF6KXG