Old November 13th 09, 12:01 PM posted to alt.politics.usa,alt.politics.economics,rec.radio.shortwave
John Galt John Galt is offline

Default Palin/Dobbs 2012

dave wrote:
John Galt wrote:

Quite. However, since the incurred deficit is very much related to the
"facing down", I think it quite clear that making the incurred debt
the most important issue during his Presidency is largely armchair
quarterbacking. You weren't going to get the "face down" taken
seriously without the military buildup. There was no way to have both.

Bull****. The Soviets were finished when Carter tricked them into
Afghanistan in 1979.

ROTF. "Carter tricked them into Afghanistan."

You gotta quit drinking the Kool Aid.

And you need to start being honest. I was an adult during the period.
There was no public discourse about any pending economic dissolution of
the Soviet Union, and since Reagan ran on a platform of increased
military spending because of the demonstrated Soviet imperialism, it
obviously would have been raised during the campaign by Carter and the
Democrat Doves. It was not.

JG