Old November 23rd 03, 05:06 PM
WilleeCue

Ya see, Ralph, you got your ducks in a row.
You sat down and thought about what you wanted and went out after it.
Sounds like you got a very good location there.
If you plan to sell your present home I bet there are hams who would like to
buy it
.... if you leave the towers up. (grin)

Willee

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
receiving antennas can be hidden quite well. Some of us are licensed

ham
and enjoy our hobby as you do. Just because we move into a new home in

new area why should we give up the hobby we so enjoy?

Why, if ham radio is such an importaint part of your life, was it not
included in your plans for a new home?
If I wanted an antenna farm the last place I would look for property

would
be in a housing project.
I would be looking at a rual area where there is lots of trees to hang

wire
from and lots of ground to plant towers.

Willee

That is what I am in the process of doing now. As I was a ham when I

bought
my first house and was very much into VHF weak signal work I told the real
estate agent the house had to be on a hill and no restrictions. He found

me
one that is about 200 feet above most of the county. As I would rather

play
radio than mow the grass, the second requirement was no restrictions on

the
land.

I am now looking for another house or some land to build on after 25 years
in this house. I have turned down several places just because of the
height. Turned down one just because it was in a development that met

most
of the other requirements.