Old November 18th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
SX-25 SX-25 is offline

Default 3599 kc's

That's a great idea John. My preference would be a segment of the band for
the very reason you
cited. Unfortunately "they" didn't leave us CW ops very much to work with so
I thought setting a
so-called "calling frequency" as a place to monitor would initiate the
activity and then additional stations hearing the activity could plop down
above and below the 3599 frequency. But, SURE! I am "crystalled up" with
many frequencies between 3560 to 3599 but unfortunately it doesn't seem that
portion of the band has developed any "identity" as a vintage equipment
spot.

Last night I listened all evening on 3599. I only heard one signal, a VE2. I
was otherwise engaged so i could not go back to him to find out of he was
responding to the posting and using vintage gear. I am leaving my NC-303 on
3599
when I am in the shack and am hoping the idea catches on.

3546 was once a good calling frequency and it was reasonably populated with
vintage stations. But unfortunately it has become swamped with guys looking
for a sliver of spectrum ever since "they" robbed CW ops of their spectrum.
Meanwhile 3600 to 3700 sets quiet, populated by (at most) 2 or 3 QSOs in a
given evening. Brilliant idea.

QTX es 73 WA9VLK