Old November 18th 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default Mike Starling's FM-HD power increase, NPR, and LPFMs

I find it amusing that Mike "The Wimp and Blimp" Starling's original
FM-HD power calculator only allowed a few FM-HD stations to go to
-14db, and most no power increase at all, but the new calculator
allows almost all to go -10db:

http://www.nprlabs.org/publications/...nce/index2.php

Yea, Mike, your original calculations were totally bogus. More like
you caved to iBiquity, or was threatened termination by NPR. Mike, you
are a "wimp and a blimp". Maybe, Mike, you were give stock options in
iBiquity, along with the rest of the radio execs?

"NPR's war on Low Power FM"

"NPR opposes proposals to strengthen rules allowing LPFMs to obtain
channel interference waivers when an encroaching full power station
arrives on the scene. And the broadcaster decidedly dislikes measures
that would require new full power signals to offer technical and even
financial help to an LPFM that they've suddenly squatted on (or
squatted next to). This is a serious issue, because over the last
decade the NPR service has expanded from 635 to 800 affiliated
stations. Public radio's stance on this puts it at odds with
practically every media reform group in the country."

http://tinyurl.com/ybgpt9p

"Media Access Project"

"With respect to MM Docket No. 99-325, Mr. Tridish and Ms. Desai urged
the Commission to deny the request for a blanket power increase. The
parties noted that testing thus far has failed to take into account
the impact on LPFMs. The parties also noted the impact of self-
interference to the analog signals. Additionally, Mr. Tridish and Ms.
Desai noted the adoption of digital radio is minimal and a power
increase could negatively impact the large number of radio listeners
that still rely on the analog signal."

http://tinyurl.com/ygcbedh

Could it also be, Mike, NPR's war on LPFMs, where your calculations
didn't take into account the affects on LPFMs? Mike, I have lost all
respect to NPR Labs, and you, my friend, are a scoundrel, along with
the rest of the iBiquity hoodlums. Yup, and I've got it all on my
blog, for those recent FCC visitors - LOL!