Old November 22nd 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default Shortwave for cars?

"Gregg" wrote in message
On Nov 21, 7:06 pm, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

B.A. - you drive around with shortwave in your car?

I did, but we sold the car, and the radio, unfortunately, stayed with it.
Used to be nice to be able to listen to NHK, CRI, Radio OZ, VOA, etc. when
out in the schticks with nothing else to listen to. Our new car, A Ford
Flex, is not conducive to installing an aftermarket radio.. It's got a
decent AM/FM with lots of bells and whistles in it, but I can't even change
the station spacing for 9 KHz, which makes it a bit crappy sounding trying
to listen to AFN stations on 1197 and 1512. Not to mention most of the
Korean stations that don't happen to fall on even 10's.

I miss my shortwave.. in the car out on the open road is the only place in
Korea that you have anything like a listenable band.