Old November 22nd 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default PING: D. Peter Maus

On 11/22/09 11:07 , dxAce wrote:
I became aware a few weeks ago that Garry Meier was now on WGN 720 Chicago. So
far only gave a brief listen. Ya heard him there?

Yeah, he started on WGN earlier this year. He's not half bad. And
without a sidekick, he acquits himself pretty well. Not as hilarious
as he was with Roe Conn, but I think the time at WLS allowed him to
free himself of the habits and limitations he developed with Steve
Dahl, and eventually to develop his own on-air persona.

His ratings aren't as good as Spike O'Dell's in that same time
slot, and a lot of the feeling of WGN has changed, but he sounds
like he's having fun.