Old November 22nd 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SX-25 SX-25 is offline

Default Will SW radios become obsolete?

In the US we have all been duped into belief that anything that is not the
latest thing is obsolete. Meanwhile, just in the last year, numerous other
countries have initiated and/or expanded their shortwave coverage. While
we're running around with fogged heads patting ourselves on the back on our
perceived trend-setting status...as is so often the case...we are myopic
about what is really going on around us.

Shortwave broadcasting offers much that the Internet does not; portability,
anonymity and simplicity. I am certain shortwave will be around for a long
time; probably outlasting Internet so-called "broadcasting."