Old November 22nd 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Baka Bill Baka is offline

Default Shortwave for cars?

Gregg wrote:
On Nov 21, 7:06 pm, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

Snippage

B.A. - you drive around with shortwave in your car?

When possible, yes. I used to do a once per week commute to work and
found myself in some really deserted places coming home. No in dash
radio but I did have a marine RDF for AM DX'ing. I still have that radio
and a solar cell that will power it so listening is free. The whole idea
of a shortwave in the car is not to listen while driving but to be able
to drive to a noise free area and listen.
Make sense now?

Bill Baka