Old November 22nd 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Will SW radios become obsolete?

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , dxAce
writes

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

With my recent purchase of a DX-394, I have again taken an interest in
SWL.

Upon seeing stations going to Internet only broadcasting, are we
seeing a trend where SW radios will become obsolete?

Nah, always something of interest out there.

Not if insidious growth of BPL (Broadband over Power Lines) or PLT
(Power Line Telecommunications) continues unchecked.

The ARRL is representing some of us in this matter.