Old November 23rd 09, 08:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Will SW radios become obsolete?

In message , dxAce
writes

Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , dxAce
writes

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

With my recent purchase of a DX-394, I have again taken an interest in
SWL.

Upon seeing stations going to Internet only broadcasting, are we
seeing a trend where SW radios will become obsolete?

Nah, always something of interest out there.

Not if insidious growth of BPL (Broadband over Power Lines) or PLT
(Power Line Telecommunications) continues unchecked.

You want us to come over and save you yet again?

It may indeed become necessary. A short spell of your 'Shock and Awe'
might help us focus on the realities of life.
--
Ian