Old November 23rd 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default CW Boatanchor Calling Frequency ?

On Nov 20, 11:51*am, wrote:
But as N3QE points out, most of the time here on the East Coast
there's plenty of room on 80 CW.

I'm guessing that 80M CW is even more depopulated in the rest of US.
And I do know that during the big CW contests, that the PSK31'ers and
RTTY'ers will move way up to the 3580/3590 region. My gut feeling is
to simply write off the CW contest weekends as a good time for casual
QSO's. And besides, I like running in the contests too, no way I'm
gonna win, but it's fun.

I used to "defect" from my 40M stomping grounds to 80M mostly as a way
avoiding the international broadcaster QRM but 40M isn't so bad lately
thanks to the rule changes. 80M can be really sweet in the winter
though!

Tim N3QE