Old November 24th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default Shortwave for cars?

On 11/24/09 15:09 , dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 11/24/09 13:18 , Krypsis wrote:

Indeed. I had a g/f years ago, with an X1/9. She couldn't keep it
running for love or money. I spent a weekend going through that drive
train and rebuilt everything I could put my hands on.

Fired it up and took it out for some break-in driving.

VERY serious fun. Not too unlike that 914/6 I was driving at the time.

I wouldn't mind owning one, myself, today.

Almost bought one when I bought the 3P. Kids were getting too big by
then so wasn't much use to the little woman as a shopping trolley. The
X19 really is a 2 seater, definitely not a 2 + 2

Krypsis

Then the practical solution would be to let the wife take the
station wagon, and you take the X1/9.

When I was married, we had three cars. A 4 seater sedan, her MG
and my MG.

After I got divorced I had 7 cars. Lots of choices. Too much fun.

And a whole lot less maintenance.

I'm no longer limber enough to shoe-horn myself into a X1/9.

That's a shame. How's that back doing, btw?