Old November 25th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default 3599 kc's

Nobody wrote:

You are so right about the canned qso's. I have found that a
boatanchor transmitter is the best ice breaker for getting a rag chew
going. Now if we could just get DX stations to carry on a qso of more
than 15 seconds...

A side comment - as bad as some canned cw qso's are, PSK-31 is much
worse. I stopped using PSK-31 when I finally go around to configuring
my PSK-31 software and realized my qso was reduced to clicking three
different buttons.

Doesn't your keyboard work? I have macros for a couple things, like CQ,
and manually type most of my other stuff.

No one is making you use the macros.

And the comment is specious anyhow. If PSK31 is so bad because of these
clicks you seemed to be forced into using, then why do CW Ops end out
such shorthand instead of spelling out the entire word?

When I was first learning Morse, I kept thinking that I was not copying
correctly. It wasn't until I asked around to more experienced ops that
I found out the shorthand to CW operating. Modern day Morse comms were
the original L33T!

gd om tu de n3li