Old November 25th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default 3599 kc's

SX-25 wrote:

using the space above 3600. In fact, I believe one of my tirades went so
far as suggest we CW ops start using the traditional phone spectrum
above 3800 for CW. Why not? It's legal and they took our spectrum so why
shouldn't we exercise our prerogative to use spectrum where we're not
jammed in elbow-to-elbow?

I guess you are likewise most happy to have SSB in "your" CW segment?

The band segments are gentlemens agreements. Be a gentleman. I find the
agreement to be helpful, not a bad thing at all.

The purpose of my most recent posting, however, was just to try to
establish some common spot where vintage enthusiasts might listen with
the hope of finding someone running something other than Kensues or
YaeCOMs. Maybe they'll even be able to have something to talk about
other than "RST QTH NAME WX AGE and BEEN HAM..YRS" before saying 73.

Ahh. One of the most amusing things about some Hams is that they are
such control freaks that they demand other Hams behave exactly the same
way. Some great unwashed said "Roger" on your repeater. Quick - send him
and the FCC a letter telling him to stay off of it. Don't like
ragchewing ? - "Get those kids off my lawn!"

Seriously, Give it a try. Operate CW wherever the mood suits you. Maybe
open up on the Maritime net frequency. They have no more right to that
frequency than you do. And since CW is a superior mode, shouldn't you
have precedence anyhow? What will eventually happen is that Once SSB Ops
find out it's a brave new world without any border, they'll move down
into your backyard, and any idea who will win that little range war?

I think it's great to have vintage enthusiasts to have a watering hole.
I wouldn't think that comments like :

vintage enthusiasts might listen with
the hope of finding someone running something other than Kensues or
YaeCOMs.

Make it sound like you look at it as some sort of elite group, and
possibly not very friendly, except to those who are worthy.

Just sayin'

- 73 de Mike N3LI -