Old November 28th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
SX-25 SX-25 is offline

Default 3599 Vintage Calling Frequency

Since making my original post I have read and appreciate all the comments
made in response to that
posting. Thank you all for taking time to "weigh in." I too regret that the
thread went nuts but such is
the demeanor of so many things here on the Internet.

Since posting my suggestion of using 3599 as a vintage equipment calling
frequency I have listened
extensively and am happy to report the following:

Johnson Adventurer
1929 MOPA (Type 203A driven by Type 10Y)
EICO 720
Heath DX-60
Johnson Viking 2
Johnson Ranger
ELMAC AF-67
Harvey Wells Bandmaster
WRL Globe King
WRL Globe Scout
Hallicrafters HT-32
Hallicrafters HT-46
Swan 350
Collins 32V-3
Knight T-60

Not bad for only one week's listening!

Of those, surprisingly, approximately 1/3 stated that they were using
crystals (albeit crystals on 3597, 3598 as well as 3599). One gentlemen who
I worked said that he had a crystal for 3902 but could not use it because
there was
a nightly CW roundtable occupying that frequency. I am familiar with the
guys in that group and suggested he jump in....they'd love to have him.

If you're using a receiver like an SX-28 that permits you to sharpen up
selectivity a bit, the edges of RTTY operation
seem to be contained and permit a nice little spot to find some other
classic station operators.

Thanks to all who have stopped by.

QTX es QRG 3599 DEWA9VLK