Old November 28th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roy Culley Roy Culley is offline

Default OT When is Google Groups going to release a Killfile

,
MojaveDxer writes:
On Nov 25, 8:49*am, (Roy Culley) wrote:
,
* * * * MojaveDxer writes:

*First the Chinese spammers and their knockoff crap on this
group. Now the king of Bollywood spam won=92t take a hike. Google
please give us the ability to move these crap posts in the toilet
where they belong.

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCH258&=&q=g.. .

Now how difficult was it to do that?

Gee like Im just too stupid to use a search engine. If you look,
the only working killfile solution is to install a greasemonkey
script in Firefox. No working solution for IE 7 or 8. The stuff out
there written for IE is malicous webscripting. Google needs to
provide some user moderation since they are not going to take the
responsibility to do it.

Google offer a free usenet service. They took over the usenet archive
and keep it available for all. I use one of the firefox addon scripts
for when I want to read usenet at work. Works fine.

Why don't you subscribe to a free usenet provider, install a proper
usenet client and killfile to your hearts content?

Better yet, drop Windows and install Linux. Far better security and
great usenet clients.