Old November 29th 09, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Motorhome antenna

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:27:54 -0500, "Steve"
wrote in :

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:22:03 -0500, "Steve"
wrote in :

snip

Hey if I have a tuner on board I should prolly have some disposable wire
and a wrist rocket on board too eh? hehe

Don't laugh -- I have a crossbow. It works. I had to custom make a
special bolt for the job, and drilled the stock to attach a spin-cast
reel, but it works.

Great adaption there Frank, which tuner are you using?

Homebrew. Built it inside a small, waterproof mil-spec box. My
original plan was to launch a dipole and use the tuner at the ground
junction between the coax and the twinlead. But that turned out to be
more trouble than it was worth so I pulled the balun and swapped a
couple parts. Now it's a long-wire tuner. Works great with barbed-wire
fences if you can hook it up at the gate or on a corner; doesn't work
so well tapped in the middle of a long, straight run.