Old November 30th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default RCA ETM-25

"Lawrence Statton" wrote in
message ...

At the local antiques flea market yesterday, someone had
an old RCA
2-8MHz AM/CW transciever. I'm 80% certain it was model
"ETM-25", but it
might have been "EMT-25" -- I've spent ten or twenty
minutes googling
and have found no references to it.

Had a single 807 output and a pair of 807s in the
modulator section.

Guy wanted $6000 (~ USD475) for it, and I walked on by.

He said he'll be there next week -- anyone have any data
on this radio?

73
--XE1/N1GAK

This sounds like it may be Radiomarine equipment.
Radiomarine was a division of RCA that provided ship to
shore communication and equipment. Many of their models had
an ET prefix. The frequencies are about right for marine use
especially inland waterways.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL