Old December 5th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Knight StarRoamer Working Great!

sctvguy1 wrote:

When I got the S-120, I made my mother mad by climbing on her shake-
shingle roof and installing a long wire, from one peak to the next, about
50 feet, and about 15 feet up. This was in the mid 60s when I was in
high school. You are right, the Knight has the built in loop on the
cardboard back, and I use a Select-Tenna to help it out. The S-120 could
barely pull in the "big" players back in the day, BBC, Radio China, Radio
Moscow, DW, etc. On BCB, an old 5 tube AM table radio could beat it
out! My long wire, then, ran NW/SE. My wire now, that I have connected
to the Knight and my other boatanchors, is about 20 feet and runs NE/SW,
I am only one mile from the Atlantic here in South Florida.

My Collins is working great too. It's the ionosphere that's broken.
What's UP with that?
--scott