Old December 6th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO[_2_] N9NEO[_2_] is offline

Default Portable SW Radio Antenna Jack

On Dec 5, 10:58*am, NB1R wrote:
I've got a nifty little Grundig G6 Aviator radio and I want to build
an active antenna to plug into the antenna jack. *This radio, like
many new portable SW sets, has the 1/8" mono jack for antenna
output.

Can anyone tell me which contact is for the antenna? *The tip or the
shaft? (Heh-heh...tip... shaft). *Is the other contact the ground? *In
the old days the desktop rigs either had a PL259 or a terminal strip
for hooking up an antenna.

Thanks,
Good DX/SWL

James
NB1R
Lexington MA

I would think the tip is the antenna, but I wonder if it really makes
much of a difference. Especially if your active antenna isn't
connected to ground.

Regards
Bob
N9NEO