Old December 6th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg Arvantely Greg Arvantely is offline

Default FM transmitter

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:07:19 -0600, homepc wrote:

I am looking for a reliable FM stereo transmitter to attach to my upstairs
PC so I can listen to music and web radio in the basement or backyard. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

I was looking at

http://dagcoelectronics.com/500mwRangeStar.html

and it looks promising. I don't want to order something from a mail order
only to find that it doesn't work as advertised.

I second the motion for CCrane.com.
They have an FM stereo transmitter for $69.95 plus shipping.
The frequency can be set in 50kHz steps across the FM band.
There is a simple mod (just google it) where you open the bottom
carefully and turn a pot to max. With that mod and a few feet of wire
clipped to the antenna, you can broadcast for at least a couple of
hundred feet around your house. CCrane doesn't advertise the mod, but
I have read that they said the mod doesn't harm the circuit. I have
two of them , one on my PC and one on my home theater receiver.
Greg Arvantely