Old December 10th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Sort of boat anchor

Bob wrote:
I'm looking for the schematic of the old Archer "Space Patrol" walkie
talkie or similar. I think this tpye all used a very similar circuit with a
superregenerative rx that used the same stage as a non-crystal controlled
oscillator on tx along with a 2(?) stage audio amp.

A lot of companies in Japan made these things, and they all copied one
another in much the way Chinese manufacturers do today.

Here's a typical design:
http://yb3td.com/data/walkietalkie.html

As I recall, the Archers that I had as a kid were crystal-controlled for
transmit but used an adjustable LC network for receive tuning. I remember
moving one to 10M at one point but the audio quality was very bad and of
course there was no squelch...
--scott