Old December 10th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
No Name

Default Sort of boat anchor

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the response. I found that site a few days ago, and was playing
around trying to get that circuit to work, until I noticed that there is no
DC path for collector current for Q1.
Also, there seems to be an issue with how L1 and L2 and the associated caps
are connected. I moved a few things around and got Q1 to work as an
oscillator and a superregen detector (I think), but have not built up the
audio and the switching circuits yet.
I'm still hoping to find some other examples of these cute little rigs.

Bob

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
I'm looking for the schematic of the old Archer "Space Patrol" walkie
talkie or similar. I think this tpye all used a very similar circuit with
superregenerative rx that used the same stage as a non-crystal controlled
oscillator on tx along with a 2(?) stage audio amp.

A lot of companies in Japan made these things, and they all copied one
another in much the way Chinese manufacturers do today.

Here's a typical design:
http://yb3td.com/data/walkietalkie.html

As I recall, the Archers that I had as a kid were crystal-controlled for
transmit but used an adjustable LC network for receive tuning. I remember
moving one to 10M at one point but the audio quality was very bad and of
course there was no squelch...
--scott