Old December 10th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Sort of boat anchor

In article , b wrote:
Thanks for the response. I found that site a few days ago, and was playing
around trying to get that circuit to work, until I noticed that there is no
DC path for collector current for Q1.

Hmm... you're right, that's really creepy. You think maybe base and collector
are swapped here?

I was thinking at first that maybe the base leakage did the trick, which
could be possible if it's a germanium type.

Also, there seems to be an issue with how L1 and L2 and the associated caps
are connected. I moved a few things around and got Q1 to work as an
oscillator and a superregen detector (I think), but have not built up the
audio and the switching circuits yet.
I'm still hoping to find some other examples of these cute little rigs.

I can send you a Lafayette one if I can find it. You're welcome to draw the
schematic out.
--scott